Tuesday 27 October 2015

The Shop Front

Project two of three-The shop front. Highly stylised environment. This one may seem like another oddball pick for me but it isn't. I've always played stylised games, in fact I think every game I play is stylised. The gist of my idea is a gypsy caravan selling potions and or trinkets, weapons all sorts. Heavily inspired by games like League of Legends, Dungeon Defenders and Team Fortress 2.








A few pieces from my mood board above. And below, a few ideas I've been working on.




Small diorama. Caravan. General colour palette. 

The whitebox from the previous.





Maybe a large crevice on the base where water falls in.

Van itself could be like a giant beer nozzle but for potions.



Trying different vans.




Could be am open caravan.
After all of this I'm fairly sure of what I want. I want a potions caravan that's round with an opening side or a way to see inside the van at least. Maybe like a meth lab inside the van that you can only see a glimpse of. This is gonna get interesting. Also, it's good to note the time frame of everything. I'm planning the first week to be for basic modelling and concepting. Half way through the week, Sculpting. Second week for retopo and unwrapping. And then the final for texturing. It'll probably take less time to unwrap and retopo because it'll be fairly low poly. So more time for texturing.




No comments:

Post a Comment