Monday 2 November 2015

A Solid Idea

My internet seems to be playing up a lot recently. This is good and bad. Good because there is no immediate distraction. Bad because I have to sit in silence. That said, this project has come on leaps and bounds simply because of my dodgy internet.
Last week, my tutor stood over me; 'Looks like you're finding it pretty easy' in response to seeing what my project was about. I replied with, 'Yeah, it is easy'. It didn't resonate much at the time but a few days ago I realised if it's easy, what's the point? I'm trying to get better, not stay in my comfort zone. So I challenged the concept of the shop I'm making. This is the concept of it as of last week.


And then here it is mid week as I'd finished modeling it.



Kinda cute. Kinda boring. Unsatisfied, I concepted on top of that.


And came up with this. A travelling shop. It still retains the caravan and environment. But now theres a lot more going on that's interesting. And then this is the model below.



I feel like this design is way better and much closer suited to the style I want. I'm a lot more enthusiastic about working on this now than I was with just the caravan.
All I have to do now is unwrap and texture. We're allowed 4x 1k texture sheets so I've split the model into four for ease.
I'll keep posted at the end of the week, where you'll see some sexy unwraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment