Friday 9 October 2015

What a lovely day!

Well, not a day exactly but the entire week. I'm still kind of infatuated with Mad Max. That energy hasn't really ran out yet, which is good considering my project subject. So how's it going. Well, if I put the three week project into perspective I'm spending the first week sculpting, so the entire thing sculpted by Sunday. The second week is for retopology. Doesn't sound like it takes long but I have to unwrap everything in the same week too. Third and final week will be texturing of which I'll use Substance painter. So on the time scale of things, I've just about finished the sculpt. I was just going to throw the sculpt through pro optimizer in max so I could upload the model here and you could just see it for yourself but pro optimizer blew up my computer for a good ten minutes. Here's a screenshot though.


The general gist of things; She's essentially a scavenger-her armour made from bits and bobs she's found lying around. On her belt she's got hanging ears as trophies that she's taken from whomever she's killed. Her left shoulder, a beaten up traffic cone. Not too sure if I'll keep it. Underlying fur on the armour parts. I'm working on the boots now then it's just a matter of surface detail and detail in general. I also got feedback today which was either make her bulky and androgynous so she's kind of powerful and could survive. Or the opposite and make her skinnier and more of the type that flees from the bulkier people. I chose the latter mainly because all the armour, straps everything were extruded from the body. Changing the body too much will mess up most of the work. So, finished model by Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment