Saturday 17 October 2015

Texturing

I finished up the week with a completed model ready for painting. It took the entire week to retopologise and unwrap which was mainly down to being picky with the UVs.


Probably the best UV packing I have ever done. Fairly proud of it. The body is on the other texture sheet which I've started texturing already. The shader for the skin reacts similarly to skin with a translucency map which makes the skin redder when under direct light in the thinner areas. Like holding your hand in front of a lamp. It's probably worth noting this is the first texture pass. I plan on covering it in blood.



And then below is just a start on the materials. The head is completely the wrong material but I wanted to see it with the rest of the body. So currently I'm just figuring out the materials and baking normals onto everything separately before I compile them all into one texture sheet. I just find it easier this way.




By mid-next week I should have most of the texturing finished. Then on to rigging. Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment